Top 5 News Expected at Mobile World Congress 2017
MWC 2017 officially runs from Monday February 27 to Thursday March 2 this year. Whilst rumours are hotting up that Samsung are shunning the mobile industry’s leading event for their own New York Galaxy S8 launch, there is still a hot bed of releases to look forward to.
Here’s our top 5:
1. Sony are expected to unveil not one but five new smartphones, including a 5.5 inch, 4K flagship optimised for virtual reality.
2. Huawei is said to be preparing to unveil its P10 handset with a Leica dual camera system.
3. Nokia recent return to the mobile market came with the launch of its first Android phone, the Nokia 6 in China. Nokia are now reportedly set to reveal its biggest product ever at MWC 2017.
4. BlackBerry are set to announce the BlackBerry Dtek70 Mercury in time for MWC, with a physical keyboard and Android OS.
5. The no-frills LG G6 Sim Free is likely to appear during the show, removing the modular system and heading for a more conventional design.
If you can join us at MWC17, you’ll be able to keep up to date via SnapChat. Follow ‘TheGSMA’ for exclusive GSMA news and content, including live coverage from the mobile industry’s leading event.